Friday, April 04, 2008

Race for the Cure


Last year I ran in the Race for the Cure, an annual 5k (3.1 miles) organized to raise money for breast cancer research, with a group of girls. Of all the races I've done in the past year, this was the best organized and the most envigorating race. Since I had such a great time last year, I plan to do it again this year. Joe said he's going to run with me this year too, right Joe? Anyway, the race is on May 10 at 8:30 in the morning. It starts and ends at the Gateway. Anyone want to run?

8 comments:

Chris and Jen said...

You'd have to wait for me...seeing as I am not that much of a runner. But you could count me in.

Contact said...

I would love to...but i just about died today riding my bike 4 miles...can we walk if we get tired?

Heidi said...

Hey ladies, there's also a 5k walk and a 1 mile walk. And we wouldn't have to stick together during the race. You can set your own pace and we can meet up afterwards. I promise, it really is fun

Jenny Spilker said...

I am in!! I need to getmy butt back out there and run. This will be a good motivator. If we can find a double jogging stroller, Josh is in too! Let me know what we need to do. Talk to you tomorrow about it.

Victoria Wilding said...

Love your new background!

AJ and Cindy said...

Good luck! I admire people who run, because it is surely not my strong suit, can't wait to hear more about it!

Contact said...

i really like vacations and mike gets free flights now through jetblue and frontier.

leigh said...

a very strong maybe from me (on the race.)