Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spring Visitors


As the weather begins to warm and things begin to look alive outside, I have noticed that we have some visitors in our home - ANTS. I suppose it's inevitable that they would come, considering the availability of entrances (since our house is ridiculously old) and the food which is constantly being thrown on the ground. There are not a ton, just enough to excite Henry. Whenever Henry spots one of these creatures he squeals (happily), lays on his belly on the floor and gets as close as he can get thus allowing him to have a good look at the ant on the floor. Henry loves to watch the ants! Several ants have taken up residence in the back doorway so now, when we leave, Henry will usually, unprompted, say goodbye to the ants before we close the door - "bye, bye ants".

7 comments:

Shellie said...

That is hilarious. If it is any consolation, Owen plays with the box elder bugs at our house. I wonder when it is that they start getting grossed out by the pests . . .

Kevin Wilding said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin Wilding said...

Two words... "Diazinon Granules"... I couldn't live without the stuff in my basement apartment.

Chris and Jen said...

At least ants are better than spiders...or cockroaches. Good luck.

Contact said...

he is so cute! we have a ton of ants too. just tonight we killed some with fire!!!

nateandalliewilcox said...

Henry is so funny!!! He is at such a fun age. Evan loves anything that crawls.

Cansas said...

Hey Heidi - Remember me? It's been awhile. I was blog hopping and found you from Jamie Schipaaboord's blog. Lame I know, I should be in bed right now. Anyway, cute blog. Henry is a doll.