Monday, January 26, 2009

Saint George is warmer than Salt Lake and that makes me happy

I'm loving Saint George! It is wonderful this time of year when Salt Lake is nearly unbearable and even more so unbearable with an active two year old.

Yesterday after church we went to Zions and hiked around the emerald pools. Because it has been raining this weekend, there was plenty of water, we saw five, or six, waterfalls. It was beautiful. And, like I said, the weather is wonderful (unless you ask our friends who live here, they think it's cold). True, it has been raining, but the sun is out for most of the day which is far more than I can say for Salt Lake where the sun hides behind the inversion.

I'm glad to be here for a few weeks and am even considering staying longer, unless someone rents the house we're staying in, or convinces me otherwise. Why would I come back to Salt Lake to huddle in my house when I can be here playing outside? We went on a bike ride the other day, outside, without coats. That's incredible people.




Standing on top of a waterfall


If you look closely there are probably 9 deer in this picture.


This was on or around New Years when we came to check out the house. Henry is a fantastic golfer!

3 comments:

Jenny Spilker said...

I am jealous girl!! I just got inside from shoveling snow!! Soak up some sun for us.

leigh said...

We told all the YW yesterday that you were gone and they decided we should have a trip to come visit! Fun, huh?

Contact said...

how fun! zions is one of our favorite places to visit...we are jealous!