Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Square Foot Gardening

Because of prompting and help from my Dad I started square foot gardning this year. Honestly, it is out of controll... Square foot gardening is the perfect gardening method because it's more organized, it's simplified and it takes up way less space (not to mention the soil is far superior).

I have never had an amazing garden, never, until this year. For weeks we have been eating: lettuce, peas, squash, greed beans, bell peppers, strawberries and we have tons of jalepenos, parsle, tomatoes, edamame (though it's been taken over by the squash because I planted the wrong variety), onions, carrots, blackberries and soon tomatoes (they're still a bit green). I'm uber excited about my garden.






4 comments:

Heidi said...

Those empty plots are where the lettuce grew and the fall stuff is planted: brussels sprouts, radishes and kholorabi.

kristin said...

I love the updates!!!! I am so jealous of your garden I am craving fresh veggies and fruit!!! Your trip to aruba loved so fun!!! I am so glad you guys got away... and tell joe congrats that is so exciting hopefully everything goes as planned!!!

KroekieMonsters said...

Tobi is very interested in square foot gardening. He just bought a book on it and is telling me about his plans to make our yard a garden. You'll have to share the tricks of the trade with him.

Holly said...

Looks like I need to call you for gardening tips! We haven't had a garden since University Village and they didn't go too well.