Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Presidential Candidates, What I Love & Hate

This post might be boring if you decide to watch all of these videos at once. I created the post more for my own benefit. I couldn't (and to some extent still can't) pinpoint the exact reason why I do and do not like certain candidates so I tried to do some research. I really like John McCain, but I cannot vote for him because of his position on the war in Iraq. I'll likely vote for Obama, assuming he's the party's nominee. I guess you could say, I'm hopeful. Enjoy!

WHAT I HATE:

CLINTON

Ridiculous political tactics.


MCCAIN

ps - He's wrong. The Japanese people have been trying to get rid of the American base since at least 1995 when a 12 year old was gang rapped by American soldiers.

OBAMA

I don't hate the honesty part, obviously, it's the topic that bugs me. And,

WHAT I LOVE:

CLINTON

Ha, Ha. I don't think she's going to get the nomination, so I decided not to take her seriously. Honestly though, as a woman, I do have to say that it's about time we had a representative in the highest office.

MCCAIN

Plus he supports stem cell research. Thank you!!

OBAMA

Obama motivates people to love America.

AS A SIDE NOTE, THIS WAS FUNNY

5 comments:

Chris and Jen said...

I still can't figure out where Clinton or Obama stand on stem cell. I am sure you have researched this...do you know?

Contact said...

hey is the big run this weekend? how are your shin splints?

Heidi said...

Jen, another one of the things I like about Barack Obama is that his positions are so easy to find! His stem cell position can be found at: http://www.barackobama.com/issues/additional/Obama_FactSheet_Science.pdf
Hillary Clintons current campaign page didn't have any info but I found another campaign webpage with an excerpt from a speach she gave: http://www.votehillary.org/CMS/node/737
I think that they both provide 100% support to all types of stem cell research including ebryonic lines.

Jenny, my big run is March 9, soon, but not soon enough. Unfortunately, my shins are killing me. I take a lot of ibuprofen every time I run and sometimes just because.

Chris and Jen said...

Thanks Heidi. I was having a hard time finding it on Obama's site. And definitely couldn't find it on Hillary's, but I figured they both supported it. At least on that issue, we can't lose. Did you hear about all the McCain drama. I guess there is some story about possible impropriety (sp?) with a lobbyist. Wonder how this will affect his campaign. As for me...you might get me to vote democrat in this election, if Obama gets the nomination.

leigh said...

thanks for this post. I'm seriously torn. (maybe because the perfect candidate just doesn't exist.)