Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Silver Alert

It seems to me like every time we get on the freeway here (which, to be fair is not very often) there is a Silver Alert flashing on the overhead signage. The alert looks something like this:

SILVER ALERT
Blue Toyota Corolla
License Plate 345 YRK

After seeing the alert several times I began to wonder, did Florida rename the Amber Alert Silver Alert? And, if they did, are there really that many child abductions in my area? Should I be worried about where I have chosen to live?

I don't mean to trivialize a seriously dangerous event, but I think the very existence of a Silver Alert is indicative of the age of Florida's residents. A Silver Alert is meant to alert people to missing senior citizens who are believed to be affected by dementia.

Florida is truly a unique place!

1 comment: