Monday, March 10, 2008

The race and more

My race results:

Overall Rank 1186 of 2899
Class Rank 118 of 368
Pace 00:09:13
Chip Final 01:59:30
Sex Rank 474
Final 02:00:56

What does all this mean? Well it certainly means that I'm not a good candidate for competitive road running - that's for sure. I feel pretty good about it though. It took me 2 hours to run the 13.1 miles which comes out to about 9 minutes per mile. The chip time is the exact time from the start line to the finish line. The final time is the time from the gun to the finish line (and since I lined up about mid way it took me a minute to get to the starting line).


My goal was to finish and I expected it to take me 2 hours. I'm proud of myself, even if it's not a competitive finish time.

I'm glad that this was the race I chose to run because it was perfect weather, beautiful course and a relatively easy course too - lots of downhill running. I would recommend this race to anyone, especially first time racers. My favorite part of the whole run was at the 10 mile marker where a group of about 10 women were playing huge Native American drums along the river - it was invigorating. My least favorite part was downing an energy shot about half way - those things are DISGUSTING!!

Photos aren't available yet, when they are I'll try to post some so you can all see the painful look in my eyes. You can also check for yourself here I was bib number 648.

5 comments:

Chris and Jen said...

Congrats! Finishing is an acccomplishment in my eyes. If I could do a marathon on rollerblades, it would be no sweat...but not running. I am way proud of you.

Shellie said...

Ditto. I don't know what you are talking about "competitive racing." Give yourself a little credit here - your ran 13.1 miles! You're amazing!

Jenny Spilker said...

I agree with what has been said. Congrats and be very proud of yourself. That is a great accomplishment. It sounds like you all had a great weekend in Moab.

Contact said...

congrats!! im jealous!

Kevin Wilding said...

your sex rank was only 474? Tori would rank me at at least 500. lol
i know, i know... very childish but hey, it keeps me young.