Monday, March 10, 2008

Why we love Moab and why we're going back next week

A list of the reasons why we loved Moab this weekend:

1. The swimming pool. We stayed at the Moab Valley Inn which is a decent hotel, nothing special. We just loved hanging out in the indoor/outdoor swimming pool and sitting in the hot tub (which was typically packed with sore runners).


2. The hiking trails. We hiked two awesome trails this weekend. Negro Bills Canyon and Hunter Canyon. Both trails run along streams - the scenery is beautiful. Hunter Canyon was really cool, it's at the bottom of what I thought to be a scary drive down into a large canyon. There's tons of soft sand all along the hike that Henry really liked to play in. Plus the trail has tons of huge boulders and crevasses to play in. I highly recommend this hike (which unfortunately, we didn't get to finish because of nap time).

Hiking in Negro Bill's Canyon
Playing in the sand in Hunters Canyon

Hunters Canyon
3. The weather. A cool but seemingly warm 50+ every day was perfect for the adventures we chose.
4. The company and the change of pace.
Negro Bill's Canyon

Since Joe's on Spring break soon we're going to go back sometime either late this week or early next week if anyone else is interested.

4 comments:

Chris and Jen said...

I would love to go...but unfortunately Chris and I both have to work (I even have to be to work on Saturday for an Incoming Freshman Day). Blah! Maybe next time.

Contact said...

fun! mike and i are always trying to find time to get to zions to hike etc. my cabin is 20 mins from bryce...we should all go down one weekend!

leigh said...

I want to go. Are you guys going to Goblin Valley in May?

JanaB said...

Oh you two stop!!!! He is just so cute!!!!!! My dad used to haul me around southern Utah in the carrier thing (I am not an outdoors woman- ha) I hope when I come home to Utah for a few days that I see you all at Smith's marketplace. . . I sure do miss the selection (really I do!!!)