Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day Contest Anyone?

In the spirit of election day, I thought I would offer a contest.

If you want to play, pick your presidential winner, and then respond with a comment on how many electoral votes that candidate will receive. The person with the closest number of electoral votes will win homemade chocolate cookie sandwiches, which I will personally deliver to you.


If no one votes I reserve the right to eat all the chocolate cookie sandwiches all by myself while lying in bed tonight. :)

You have to vote before 8pm tonight, when Utah's polls close, which gives you almost three hours of watching results come in to make your decision.

NPR has an interactive map that allows you to predict the results of the 2008 presidential election. If that sounds useful, you can find it here: http://www.npr.org/news/specials/election2008/2008-election-map.html#/president?view=predict.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm guessing (but I won't keep the cookies even if I do, by chance, win)

Obama: 332 electoral votes
McCain: 206 electoral votes

Doughy said...

Obama 53%
McCain 42%
Other 5%

jamieschip said...

Fun contest! Those cookies look scrumptious. Of course, I would have to ration them and hide them around the house so I don't oink them down all at once. ;) Here's my guess:

Obama- 338
McCain- 200

Holly said...

I wish I would have seen this in time to vote. It would have been fun to have you come visit us especailly if you were bringing treats!